Pages

Monday, January 23, 2012

Week 3 of the Challenge

We are in week 3 of the challenge and it all seems to be going really well.  I am personally down a few lbs since the start of the challenge, and I can already feel a difference in my clothing!  Wahoo!  I've run over 25 miles in the last week and my goal is to hit 1000 in the year 2012!  I can do it!

Yesterday, I ran for a solid hour with a friend of mine.  We did roughly a little over 6 miles.  It was 28 degrees outside, snowing, and the ground was icy in some spots.  We ran from the city dock down to Spa Rd.  I must confess, I never felt better after a run.  She had me run/walk 3/1 intervals.  It really made a difference to be able to take a break every 3 minutes and just walk fast.  I certainly felt less tired and I got to go a lot longer than I can normally go.  Running outside, time also goes by much faster.  The run was over much sooner than I had thought it would be!

As for my fellow challengers, everyone seems to be doing really well.  For the most part, everyone (with the exception of 2-3) has lost weight.  I'm really excited to see how this goes for 9 more weeks and to see if we have anyone that really loses a lot!  What is inspiring is to see the people that have lost a lot and have kept it OFF!  You know that this isn't easy...so seeing them make the lifestyle change is just really exciting and motivating!

For this week's challenge, I have the group doing interval training either through walking/jogging or on the treadmill at varying speeds/inclines.  I think everyone will admit that it is really hard!  For me, I think we have to jumpstart our bodies and really force a change.  Also, just getting in the habit of getting things done will get them one step closer to getting active! 

So we'll see how weigh-in goes on Friday!  I am feeling pretty optimistic!

No comments:

Post a Comment