Pages

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Sticking to the plan

I'm working hard on sticking to my plan. I run/lift at least 3-4 times a week and I'm really seeing some progress. My clothes are fitting better. Its a vanity thing. Last year, I got down to a size 0-2, but I bought mostly size 2's because I knew that I couldn't maintain "competition size". Well, the 2's were getting a little tight this year and I refuse to buy a bigger size...that's what got me into trouble years ago! I just kept buying BIGGER.

My nutrition plan has been harder this time around. Since I'm not really trying to lose weight, its harder to maintain and make good choices 80% of the time. I know myself though, its like a snowball...I eat a little cake here, some ice cream there, some chips with queso, add a little pizza, oooh a burger sounds good. Well, maybe not those exact foods, since I'm a foodie, but you get the idea. Currently I'm dreaming of sushi or a spicy crab and asparagus handroll! YUM!

Why do I put myself through the hard training and strict nutrition plans? Honestly, because I feel better about myself when I set goals and stick to them. It might be hard to believe, but I'm a little bit of a control freak and my diet and exercise programs are just about the only thing in life where I find control. Don't worry, no need to call for help, I'm not going to develop some sort of eating disorder and work myself out to a rail...but the exercise helps me feel better and the nutrition plan is really a way of life. I try not to see it as "punishment" but more as "my body deserves good/healthy food to make it my best"!

This past week, I hit it hard and I saw BIG results. My workouts were better, my clothes are a little loose, the scale is moving down (not that I'm obsessing LOL!) and my mood is better; thank you endorphins!

So, all those benefits help me stick to my plan just a little easier.

1 comment: