Pages

Saturday, April 6, 2013

Out on the town!

Last night I attended a fundraising event for the Junior League of Annapolis, Inc.  It was Monte Carlo themed and it was a lot of fun to dress up and see everyone!  It was wonderful to see some some of my challengers too!  Our husbands could not attend, so Ann and I decided to go as each other's date!  So fun!  Ann has lost a lot of weight since she's started the challenges with me (I think this is her 3rd challenge now!) and we're both wearing dresses we haven't worn in over a decade!  That's right,   We're wearing dresses PRE-MARRIAGE, PRE-KIDS, and POST-WEIGHT LOSS!  WHOOP WHOOP!  I actually had to take mine in 4 inches right before leaving the house!  Talk about a weight loss victory!  Ann looked amazing and you could tell she FELT amazing!  She strode through the room with confidence and grace!  Such an amazing night!

 
I truly enjoyed getting to mix and mingle with "Celebrity Bill" and his beautiful wife, Susan!  LOL, he's such an inspiration and has met such success with his health and fitness goals!  I love chatting with him and learning how he tracked and calculated his weight and learned what specific foods helped him with his weight loss.  It was completely facinating and I think he's really on to something that could help SO many people finally see the results they need!  Bill and Susan were adorable and you could see the love and pride they have for each other.  I'm so fortunate to have witnessed that and to be part of this chapter of their life!  They are setting a terrific example for their children and for so many other families who struggle with obesity! 



I think what I love most about the challenges is getting to see people out in REAL life!  I've developed some pretty awesome friendships with people I would never have had the chance to really get to know!  Not only are we moving towards a healthy lifestyle, we're enriching our lives with lifelong friends...you can't beat that! 



No comments:

Post a Comment