Pages

Sunday, April 7, 2013

Cherry Pit 10-miler

Today I ran a ten mile race with two of my dear friends, Kelly and Kathy. I was a silly lady and didn't do much training for the race; I haven't been doing any distance running lately as I'm trying to develop some muscle mass! I have however been doing some speed work, running at a 7.5 min mile or 8 min mile for 2-3 miles every few days. It paid off!!! I got a Personal Record today, coming in at under 1:40! That was a shock to me and brought me to tears as I crossed that finish line! I couldn't have done it without these lovely ladies, especially Kathy, who really pushed me those last two miles. She encouraged me, reminded me that I'm strong, that my mind was giving up before my legs had even considered it! Also, we kept repeating "JUST TEN MILES" as we carried our good friend Lara in our hearts as she was just finishing up her 100 mile endurance race at about the same time. Yeah, you read that right, 100 miles in 27 hours! If she could do 100, I could push to finish my 10!



Another huge success from today was watching Michelle, from my challenge, complete her first 10 mile race! We embraced at the finish line, cried, and my heart felt it could burst to be there as she reached the milestone in her life! What an amazing accomplishment! A year ago, she was 113lbs heavier, didn't exercise much, let alone run 10 miles and look how far she's come!




No comments:

Post a Comment