Pages

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Sing it with me..."It's getting HOT in here..."

If you've ever tried hot yoga, more specifically Bikram Yoga (there are three locations in the Annapolis area) you know exactly what I'm talking about!  I sing that to myself every time I walk in the door to one of their studios. 

With three convenient locations; Annapolis, Severna Park and Crofton, classes offered from 5:45am-7:30pm, you're sure to find a time that works for you!  I won't lie and say that this is a workout that I look foward to, but it is definitely a workout that gives RESULTS. 

26 Poses, done twice, for 90 minutes in 106 degrees!  I've never sweat so much in my life!  I feel absolutely depleted, but rejuvinated at the same time when it's all over!  The entire 90 minutes, I'm just focusing on not falling over, passing out, embarrassing myself, or walking out of the room.  When it's all over, I'm thankful that I made it, and I'm thrilled to be finished!



I started going when one of the challengers from my weight loss group invited several of us.  My initial reaction was "wow, it smells terrible!"  It really did!  I will say that it's not "as noticeable" now, I guess you build up an immunity to it, but it was really off-putting the first time I went.  I almost gagged and walked right back out!  So,I went twice with a $40 deal, swore I'd never go again, but then this really great Groupon deal came up and I ended up purchasing 20 classes for $59.  I've now attended 5 classes, and I'm still going strong.  My goal is to go 2xs a week.  I've been taking my niece, Nina, with me too.  I think it's been extremely beneficial for her as she broke her back in June 2012.  I think this is helping her heal and gain a lot of strength.  I can already see a dramatic difference in my flexibility, sleep quality, focus, strength and of course...there's a little weight loss too!

So, while it my not be my FAVORITE workout, it definitely breaks up the monotany and gives me a bit of a challenge.  I encourage everyone to try it out once!

Check out www.bikramyogaannapolis.com

No comments:

Post a Comment