Pages

Sunday, March 24, 2013

Accepting Gratitude

This last month has been a true testament of how my life has changed.  I mean, obviously, my life has changed.  Life isn't stagnant, it just keeps moving and evolving based on every decision you make every day.  I guess, my point is that I've seen more evidence of how my life has changed.  Years ago, when I started this journey, it's no secret that my life was an absolute mess.  I was an unhappy person, toxic, insecure,etc...the list of negativity can go on and on.  When I looked inside and really evaluated who I was as a person, I wasn't happy.  I knew that I needed to make a change. 

My outside is a true reflection of who I am on the inside.  I challenge myself not only physically, but mentally and emotionally.  I feed myself with things that nurture my soul and build positivity in my life.  I have released toxic relationships and I've no longer allowed myself to self-sabatoge.  My inside, just like my outside, isn't perfect, but I strive every single day to better myself and give myself what I need to be a stronger, better person. 

Through this most recent weight loss challenge, I've seen and heard and underlining theme of "thanks".  I am constantly thanked for my efforts, told I'm changing lives, and given credit where credit is simply not due.  I enjoy the challenges, even with as much work as they are, but I enjoy them because I see people empowering themselves.  I'm simply the cheerleader.  In my weight loss challenges, I post my daily goals (as challenges)  I'm only posting what I want for myself.  Whatever I"m struggling with, I post as a challenge to the group- maybe someone else is struggling with that too!  Well, it seems to be working, because I have 80 other people working on the challenge too (realistically, it's probably only 50 or so that are really invested) nonetheless, they are doing the challenge too and that motivates me to stick to my goal.  You see, the challenge gives me personal motivation as well!  I'm not the hero, I'm just focusing on my own goals, saying them out loud and asking the group for support as well!  This is why I could never accept payment.  I wouldn't want them to expect me to help them reach their goals; like I've said, we're all on our own journey.  I'm here to cheer you on, share successes, empathize with struggles and help push you along, but I can never claim to help you reach your success...that's something very personal that the only motivation that will help you is from within yourself. 

I've had people reach out to me to tell me what an amazing thing I'm doing.  I just smile.  I'm actually embarrassed, because I just don't feel like I deserve that recognition.  These challenges have exploded and they are known throughout the community.  I can't go to my daughter's school, Jr. League events, the GROCERY STORE, without someone stopping me and telling me they've heard about my challenges.  Old friends/aquaintances, message me and tell me how proud they are of what i've accomplished.  It just feels funny.  I just want to shout, "these people are doing it all themselves!" because I know how hard they are working and I feel like what I do is just so miniscule. 

I had to recognize that I am doing something.  I had to check myself and remind myself that when I started this journey, I needed a lot of support from others too.  I was reminded that even though I was in the gym and it was me alone prepping in the kitchen, I had cheerleaders too, I had support, I had outside motivation.  I was not alone.  It made accepting the "thank yous" a little easier.

So THANK YOU to all my followers, all those in my weight loss challenge, all my supporters and all my friends and family.  Thank you for believing in me.  I accept your thanks whole-heartedly and feel so proud to be part of your journey! 

No comments:

Post a Comment