Pages

Friday, March 1, 2013

Girls on the Run Is So Much Fun- Holla!

I'm coaching my daughter's Girls on the Run team again this season.  The fall season was incredible with 11 darling 8 and 9 year olds-so I thought I'd give it another go this spring.  We have 8, adorable 3rd and 4th graders this season and our first practice was just about getting to know each other.  This is a very diverse group and I can tell that we are going to have a lot of fun as we learn about each other, learn about ourselves and reach our goal of getting these young ladies to run a 5K.  If you want to learn more about Girls on the Run, visit their website:

www.girlsontherun.org

You can learn if there is a council near you or even how you can get one started (I did for my daughter's school!)  As stated before, I was not an athletic kid growing up; in fact, I was lanky, awkward, shy, and if it involved sweat...well, I was out.  My daughter is very much the same way.  After the fall season, watching her get stronger, gain confidence and achieve her goal of not only running a 5K, but doing it in 32 minutes, I just could not have been happier and more filled with pride and joy for her! 

Girls on the Run isn't a running program.  It's a program developed to help girls gain positive life skills; running is just the tool used to communicate.  I love helping these young ladies learn about self-respect, confidence, positive attitude, peer pressure and so many other invaluable lessons that we could all benefit from talking about- no matter our age!



No comments:

Post a Comment