Pages

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Sweating the Stress Away

I woke up 30 minutes before I was supposed to (5:30 am) because I couldn't wait to get to the gym! Today was my first day to the gym with my new schedule! Wednesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays I'll be hitting the gym before work and I could not be more excited about this. I'm definitely a morning workout person.

After getting myself and my kids up and ready and out the door, I was at the gym by 6:45 and jumped on the treadmill for a quick warm up. To my surprise, my first trainer, Kelly Gonzalez comes bouncing towards me and we had a nice chat and caught up on everything. She recently went Bikini Pro and she was also eager to hear all about my experience with the show. It was WONDERFUL to see her and it reminded me what I love so much about the bodybuilding community; they get it. They understand why you pour yourself into the workouts and put yourself on the strict diets and push yourself beyond the average person's limits.

After a HARD, KICK ASS workout. I felt like a million bucks. I was sweating, hurting, sick to my stomach, shaking and SMILING. It felt amazing. I didn't think about work, kids, deadlines, meetings, pressures...nope, I thought about flexing, breathing, 1 more rep, make it to the line with two more lunges; it was intense!

My entire day has been so much better. I have a clear head, I feel energized and motivated and so focused. Gotta love a morning workout!

No comments:

Post a Comment