Pages

Saturday, February 1, 2014

Pure Resolution 20 Classes in 30 Days



So my latest workout is Pure Barre.  I cannot say enough good things about this!  As you know, I've tried and continue to do many different workouts.  I cannot be classified as a weight lifter, runner, yogi, etc.  I am addicted to all exercise.  I love it.  I love high impact, I love long runs with girlfriends, I love the quiet personal time with bikram- you see, I basically love anything that empowers me to improve myself. 

In January, I participated in the Pure Resolution at Pure Barre of Annapolis (like their Facebook page Pure Barre Annapolis) 20 classes in 30 days.  Unfortunately, I was out of town the first few days of the month and then came down with the flu and really only had about 25 days to get my 20 classes in.  However, I didn't let that slow me down and I was able to complete all 20 classes before Jan. 30th.  The last few classes were hard to get through, I won't lie or sugar coat it.  Having done almost 12 classes in a row, I was definitely starting to feel fatigue.  Looking back though, staying committed for the month, completing all 20 classes, and giving my absolute all (both physically and mentally) in each class, really really paid off!  I see huge changes in my body already!  Incredible improvement in tone and definition in abs, which are the HARDEST for me to see any change, and thighs and derrière.  Let's face it ladies, those are difficult areas for most of us! 

I won't be giving up my Lift.Tone.Burn.(that's the mantra for PB) anytime soon.  I'm committed to do another 25 classes in the next 6 weeks.  I can't wait to see what kind of results I see during that time.  As a side note, although I believe just as important, the PB studio in Annapolis has been more than just a workout place for me.  I've grown quite fond of the owners and instructors.  I feel like I'm going to see girlfriends.  I love their upbeat personalities, their warm and friendly demeanor and just the downright FUN atmosphere they create.  It doesn't feel like a snobby, elitist, or cliquish environment.  The ladies are all diverse and compassionate and very connected with the community.  You feel like you're walking into one of their living rooms in their home.  To me, that makes a HUGE difference.  I look forward to the workout each day because of how they make me feel (maybe not how they make my thighs feel) but definitely how they welcome me and are genuinely interested in who I am as a person.  Part of sticking to a workout/routine is enjoying what you are doing.  Thanks to the PB-Annapolis crew, this has without a doubt become part of my lifestyle!  LOVE THOSE LADIES!

Hope I see some of you Annapolis peeps in class soon!  Message me if you have questions!

No comments:

Post a Comment