Pages

Saturday, February 1, 2014

Positive Feedback!

This week, I've had the pleasure of chatting with many people while out and about town.  I have to chuckle when I think about when my husband jokingly teases, "We can't go ANYWHERE without you running into someone you know!"  I suppose that because I'm a local business owner as well as run the weight loss challenges that so many local people participate in, it is inevitable. 

On Thursday, I bumped into my former dog trainer.  Of course, my natural response is to chat about my obsession, yes obsession, with my English Setter.  She's sweet, but has some serious neurosis and Kim has helped us tremendously.  The good news is that Millie was trainable.  The bad news = I am not.  Unfortunately, I believe I enable her neurotic ways.  :(

Speaking with Kim though, she gave me great feedback on how she looks forward to my blog posts.  That really meant a lot to me as often times I wonder if anyone really even reads my ramblings.  Ha ha ha!  I suppose that's the insecurity peeking through, but even just the thought that somewhere out there someone is touched by something I have to say really evokes great inspiration for me.  The truth is, everything I write about is real.  These are genuine thoughts, struggles, passions and feelings that I have experienced, am experiencing and want to share with others. 

When I started the blog in 2009, it was to share my journey as I prepared for a Figure Competition.  What I learned from writing was that my end goal wasn't the competition, that was merely a focus point.  In reality, there is no end goal.  I'm training for my LIFE.  I'm training to be fit and healthy and to help others find something that works for them too.  I've been that overweight mom that's stretched to the max and feeling like my life lived me- not at all as if I was living my life.  That's a hard place to be.  With feedback from readers, I'm able to really hear and learn what others are struggling with as well.  I'm also able to share personal experiences that I feel people can relate to on some level. 

Thanks for the feedback, Kim!  I'm glad you enjoy reading and I'm thankful for your support!  Now, can we get back to talking about how I need to break some bad habits regarding my pup?  Ha ha ha! 

No comments:

Post a Comment