Pages

Sunday, October 20, 2013

Here we go again...

We are now in week 3 of the fall challenge and I think I've been pushing pretty hard.  I can tell that my attitude this challenge is more focused and I've been very driven.  With the lackluster attitude I've had in the past, what could be driving this sudden burst of energy?  Well...it may have something to do with the fact that I'm training for another Figure Competition.  Yes, after years of saying I would never do another one, here I am... 

Let me clarify though, I'm training for one, not sure if I'll actually walk the stage, but I'm going to push myself, train hard, eat clean and get myself to a point where I know that I COULD walk the stage.  My body isn't transforming quite as quickly as I had hoped (although I'm really trying to trust the process; Lord knows patience is NOT my forte) The first time, I was already going through a huge transformation as I had lost a substantial amount of weight, exercise and clean eating were very new to my life and the physical changes were completely obvious.  This go around, I've remained physically active, I've maintained a comfortable weight (although I'm about 10lbs from competition weight) and the two years I've spent running have really eaten much of my muscle mass.  Now that I've been training and trying to really grow muscle while drop body fat, I haven't been running and I'll be honest, that was the hardest thing to give up as my running has always been a social and mental outlet.  Truly, it's a catch 22.  I'm actually running a 5K as a fundraiser this morning with my daughter and because I haven't really ran in weeks, judging by my nerves, you'd think I was getting ready to run a half marathon!
 
 

So how does this transfer to my fall weight loss challenge?  Well, I'm not accepting any excuses from myself, and that puts me in the mindset that I'm not accepting any excuses from the challengers.  I'm not asking them to do anything I wouldn't do myself (no alcohol; no fast food; lots of exercises that really push the limits of comfort; and a clean healthy diet) I've got a goal in sight and I'm focused.  I think the challengers can see and feel the change in me and I've had many many many comments that this challenge is a little harder; I've upped the ante, I'm pushing harder and even for those that have been in several challenges with me before, they are learning new things and I think they like it! 

I've got a great energy with this challenge too, it seems that there's a good balance of varying levels of fitness and it's a very positive, motivated and good hearted group.  We've hit the ground running hard and I'm so excited to see how the next 6 weeks unfold.  Stay tuned! 

No comments:

Post a Comment