Pages

Sunday, June 22, 2014

Marathon Training in Full Effect

Training has officially started and I couldn't be happier with how it's going!  I've been running midweek consistently, and hitting those long runs with gusto!  Yesterday I completed just over ten miles with 1/2 my group and I can honestly say it was a good strong run that left me feeling like I was definitely on track to prepare for this marathon!

My friend Heather was in town all last week and we were able to get a couple runs, although one of our midweek short runs was disastrous for me due to the heat and poor prep throughout the day, I was able to hit the 2nd short midweek run with a fast pace and good distance!  Sometimes those bad runs can leave you with anxiety that the marathon will be too hard or that you're not strong enough; the best thing to do is get back out there and have a good run to prove to yourself that you can do it.  I'm thankful the girls pushed me to get back out there and crank out a fast 6 mile run and then set the base to do a strong 10 miler.  I absolutely feel like I've gained my confidence back and those two great runs following the not-so-great run definitely got my head back in the game!




No comments:

Post a Comment