Pages

Wednesday, April 30, 2014

We Need Your Help!

Through running, I've made incredible friends, sole mates actually, and I've found ways to incorporate running in my life that gives me the opportunity to help others, coach, teach and spend quality time with my family (especially my children). I've ran many races, half marathons being my farthest distance, I've coached Girls on the Run (a program that uses running to teach life skills to young girls grades 3rd-5th) and I've spent a lot of time supporting the running community and using this amazing exercise as a way to enhance my life and the lives of others.

Team Sole Society has joined up with Team in Training to raise money and awareness for Leukemia and Lymphoma.  Each of us have an individual goal to raise $3900, but we're fund-raising as a team. We are 8 dynamic women who share a love for running and feel a strong passion to support the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society, as for some of us it really hits home and this cause is near and dear to our hearts.

Throughout this journey, I'll share stories of our personal heroes and honored teammates.   Heather shares,

"My aunt Cathy is a cancer survivor, who I watched run through her year of chemo. She is an amazing person, but especially she is an amazing athlete. She is a 6 time marathon finisher, the first marathon she ran post-cancer was her all-time personal best. She is a badass, and I'm glad to run in her honor!"

My friend Marnie, speaks of her nephew as she made a donation to our team:

"My nephew is a survivor of leukemia. He was diagnosed at age 6 - he is now 19!! It is my pleasure to support your efforts!!"

We've started our kick-off for fund-raising, and I'm reaching out to you all for support as we strive to reach our goals, of not only running this marathon but giving back and helping to fight blood cancer as best we can!

Please consider donating to our team (don't click my name, just donate to the team please!)
http://pages.teamintraining.org/nyc/nyc14/teamsolesociety

NO DONATION TOO SMALL or TOO BIG ;o)  Be sure to check to see if your company or spouse's company does a match donation and don't forget corporate sponsorship opportunities are available as well!  There are SO many ways to get involved!

We appreciate your support!



No comments:

Post a Comment