Pages

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

I've been a terrible blogger...

I've been terrible at keeping things current and up-to-date.  It's far too long since I've given updates, so I'll keep this brief...

On June 2nd, I ran my half-marathon!  WOW!  Talk about exilerating!  It was amazing!  I cannot thank my friends Heather and Kathy enough for all the training and sticking by my side as a new (slow) runner! 



The race was hard, but it was fantastic!  I had the best time and I'd totally do it again!  In fact, I'm running 13 miles this Sunday; not even in a race! 

Here is something I wrote after the race:

Saturday’s race was amazing. It was a really tough course, lots of hills, great scenery, and awesome company (ran with my two running buddies) We ran a 10.5 min mile steady and I felt really strong. About 4 miles (mile 5-8) of the run was on a slant, and I think it put a lot of pressure on my left side, my knee and hip flexor were really hurting after the 9 mile mark. I took an Advil at 7.5 miles and it didn’t take long until I was feeling much better.

At 12.5 miles (I can’t believe I made it that far!) I got a HORRIBLE cramp in my right ab. I was running with my arms up trying to catch a breath and really focused on getting long deep breaths, stretching my stride and keeping a steady pace while getting heart rate down. Once I could see the finish line though, I didn’t even realize I was still cramped and the adrenaline just kicked in and finished strong. It was pretty emotional for me. Another check off my bucket list! Disney Marathon 2014 here I come! LOL!



In other news, I finished up my largest Biggest Loser contest at the end of June.  My winner lost almost 40lbs and I could not be more proud!  I have a couple people that have dropped a lot of weight, over 60lbs some of them!  I'm impressed and inspired!

In July, I started a Biggest Losers Bootcamp.  We are just into week 2 and it's really going well!  The group is relatively small (25 contestants) and they have challenges every week!  Everyone is working extremely hard, and while the challenge is only 8 weeks total, I think they will all see huge results!

So there's my update.  I really need to be better about keeping up with the blog :)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment