Pages

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Tinola!

I think that this is my favorite healthy fall dish! Its so easy to make and it is absolutely guilt free!

Ingredients:

1 Tbsp. coconut oil
1 onion diced
garlic clove diced
2 Tbsp ginger sliced
pepper (whatever your prefer)
3 chicken breasts cut into 1 in. pieces
2 Chayote squash peeled and sliced
1 C. water
2 C. fresh baby spinach


In a wok, saute onion, garlic and ginger with coconut oil. Add chicken and brown. Add chayote and water and simmer until squash is tender. Add spinach until wilted. Serve over rice.

I an generous with the garlic and ginger and pepper. I like a lot of flavor! Sometimes, I'll add a little soy sauce with the rice. You can also substitute the chicken with mussels. My kids love this and I feel really great about serving it!

No comments:

Post a Comment