Pages

Sunday, May 13, 2012

Reaching new "mile"stones

Yesterday I reached 11 miles!  I cannot believe it!  I ran 11 miles!  Wooohooo!  It was honestly the best run I have ever had and I felt pretty amazing during it and afterwards.  I'm not even as sore as I thought I might be today.  I feel awesome! 

I met my good friends Kathy and Heather in the mall parking lot and we headed out on our run.  It was really neat because about 3.5 miles into it, we found ourselves right where the cyclist were for the local TriRock triathalon.  We decided to run along side them and cheer them on.  It was amazing.  Amazing is actually an understatement.  It was inspiring!  I could not get over the variety of people participating in the triathalon.  People of all ages, shapes and sizes.  I felt extremely proud and I admit a little envious. 

We made our way through the Navy yard and out into the city dock where we were able to see the triatheletes begin their 5K.  Again, we ran alongside them on their route and cheered them on.  It was a huge distraction on our run as we shouted words of encouragement.  There were a few bands playing at various distance markers.  When we parted with the racers, we still had about 3 miles to go to get back to our cars.  I admit to feeling like I was hitting a wall at our 8 mile mark, but we pushed through and finished strong.  Keeping an 11 min mile pace and finishing right under 2 hours.  I felt so strong and so "high"!  I was extremely proud of myself and inspired by the run.  I've decided to go ahead and train for a triathalon and participate with my friends Kathy and Heather in FL this October!  Yes, I'm really going to go for it! 

Wow!  Some huge goals for me this year, a half marathon and then a triathalon!  I'm loving it!  Loving setting the goals and working hard to meet them.  I feel so good about where I am right now and I can see all the positive energy pouring into ever facet of my life.  I'm so thankful for the support and love of my family and friends and I'm overwhelmed with pride as I watch my children respond and participate in our healthy life style.

Not the greatest picture, but we were having fun and the morning was gorgeous, we had to take a quick snap shot :)  Me, Heather, and Kathy


Just when I think my life could not get any richer...I have days like yesterday and I realize that every day that I have good health, a fit body, a great attitude and positive energy I grow to be better and stronger than I ever imagined!

No comments:

Post a Comment